Currently you cannot buy a brand new home with AnyNest. To begin with the property needs to be an existing property within the pilot area of the West Midlands. Soon we will expand to other places.
The maximum price of a home eligible for AnyNest is £300,000. During your initial application we will confirm what the maximum value of property is you can purchase, based on our assessment of your current financial situation.
To avoid disappointment, please triple-check that your chosen home meets our eligibility criteria as we are unable to purchase a number of property types.
- If your chosen property is under 10 years old, it must include the remaining term of their 10-year structural warranty.
- Any required repairs from general wear and tear must not exceed £5,000.
- We will not purchase any additional furnishings or fittings as part of the property sale. Please contact your solicitor about any associated items which may be involved.
- Any incentives you are planning to use must be declared on the application. An incentive is defined as any type of benefit connected with the sale of your chosen property. Not all incentives are eligible with AnyNest.
- We will carry out an extensive survey of your new home delivered by an external RICS registered valuer. A detailed report will be produced stating any issues as major or minor.
- The chosen property cannot be used to run a business.
Minor and major issues in the valuation report
- It is your responsibility to acknowledge and resolve any minor issues once you move in. It is crucial that you understand what is required to resolve these.
- Depending on the type and extent of a major issue, it may impact the property’s eligibility for AnyNest. In the event of a major defect, the vendor will clear the problem and issue AnyNest with evidence that the problem has been completely resolved.
- If any of the issues exceed an estimated cost of £5,000, the property will automatically be made ineligible for AnyNest ownership. We set this policy in place to ensure you purchase a home that only requires minimal remedial work.
- One you receive your approval in principle, it will be valid for 3 months.
Homes which are built using conventional and modern timber-frame construction tend to be suitable via AnyNest. Homes which have not been conventionally constructed are reviewed independently.
Please review our full property requirements before you start looking for your home, just to make sure that the one you choose is one that we can buy with you. If you have any questions about whether your chosen home is eligible, contact us today.
Detailed below are some examples of properties that are definitely not suitable and those that require further investigation. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding suitability of a property.
Properties that are not suitable include:
- New build homes
- Properties without an eligible build warranty (if less than 10 years old)
- Mobile homes or temporary structures
- Homes in multiple occupation
- Properties with annexes
- Properties with Japanese knotweed
- Properties that are underpinned or stated to be defective
- Properties with agricultural use restrictions
- Properties that do not front onto an adopted road
- Properties that have a private water supply
- Properties that do not have an EPC rating of at least D
A property will require further investigation if it has:
- Recently had building work as it may require planning permission
- Structural movement
- Septic tank
- Renewable energy systems such as solar panels or wind turbines
- Listed building status, as consent is required before any alterations are done